The holes from the removal of the wall and around the plasterboard were filled.
The wiring was put in for my over vanity light and the shaver socket.
The ceiling and walls were skimmed.
The bath was installed (almost – it’s not full connected up).
The shower drain was put in.
I wasn’t a massive fan of the uPVC French doors in the living room, partly because I didn’t like the look of them but also because with a fireplace on one wall and a door in the middle of another, the French doors meant the radiator was placed against the only other wall. It’s not a large room and compromising furniture placement in this way wasn’t ideal. I was also getting bi-fold doors in the extension so having two exits at the rear of the house was a bit unnecessary. On the other hand the doors weren’t that old (2012) and there wasn’t much wrong with them (they needed their hinges adjusting) so I did feel quite guilty about removing them.
Prior to the uPVC doors I believe there was an aluminium sliding door and prior to that there was a window, in this sense, the house is going round in a circle.
This is what the rear of the house did look like last year:
I snapped this photo from inside as I knew the doors were about to be removed:
First they just did the outside skin.
Then the inside wall was done in blockwork.
The screen is obviously temporary – I hope to get something a little more transparent.
I had hoped that we could keep the door frames from the removed doorways and reuse them but apparently they were all slightly different so these new ones were made up.Installed in the WC
Installed in the bathroom.